Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages.
Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you’re reading.
If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.
- Cookie Dough or Die by Virginia Lowell
- “Olivia Greyson’s eyes popped open to darkness — and to the sense that someone was downstairs.”
- I think this is a great beginning for a mystery. It seems rather thrilling for a cozy.
The Friday 56
- Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
- Turn to page 56.
- Find the fifth sentence.
that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these
instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the
comments section of Freda’s Voice
- Post a link along with your post back to Freda’s Voice
Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
“Oh and and a list of numbers you might need, liked guidance and the main office and the library.”
I think everyone should have the number to the library!