Top Ten Tuesday, if by some chance you stumbled upon this post and did not already know, is an amazingly awesome weekly blog meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. The topic for this week’s list: top ten books you’d want to have with you to pass the time on a deserted island.
This was a hard one. For me books are like potato chips. You can’t have just one and trying to limit myself to just 10 is almost impossible, so I tried to pick books that I wouldn’t mind reading over and over. Actually, I sort of cheated and picked several series.
1. Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling ( If I were only limited to one I suppose it would have to be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.)
2. Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
3.To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4. The Bible
5. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
6. The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris
7. The Coffee House Mysteries by Cleo Coyle
8. The Books by the Bay Mysteries by Ellery Adams
9. An Agatha Christie Omnibus
10. And here is where I really cheat. I would somehow find a solar powered iPad and take all the books on my various e-reader apps. I’m sorry books are just more addictive to me than chocolate or potato chips or chocolate covered potato chips.
What books would you want if you were stranded on a deserted island. Hop over to Mrs. Archer’s Book Notes to see which kid books I’d take.